A while back I wrote a blog requesting others to share their Ultimate Result from taking a Living Alive Phase I program at The Haven.
I loved hearing from so many people, and decided I wanted to share some of the responses (without revealing anyone)!
Here’s is what people got out of the Living Alive Phase I Program:
- Faith in myself and my ability to connect.
- Energy and purpose that I thought was lost.
- The courage to identify when I am sticking myself, and to make a shift, while being gentle and compassionate with myself and others in my life.
- Overcoming my desire to run because I don’t have the level of control I want. Also, being able to hang in and not have to get control.
- A path for communicating and appreciating people who think, feel, and want something different than me.
- Discovering the value in someone giving me honest straight feedback, and discovering the impact I am having on others – not collapsing but appreciating the realness!!
- Getting to see my patterns, work on them, and not change, but become compassionate and faster at self-correcting and moving forward.
- A new love of life that isn’t dependent on someone else being different!!
- Discovering my own voice and the value of speaking up and sharing my experience.
These are just a few of the wonderful nuggets I got back.
Many of these responses came from people who had taken the program two or more years ago and wanted to let me know the results were sticking!!
I believe in this program and I am thrilled it is going to be offered in a new format. I think the Integrative Living Alive Phase I will be different because it has a built-in method for integrating the learning as you go.
So often people at The Haven will say: “but this isn’t the real world.” Now, frankly, I don’t buy that line, but I do get it is a special place where most everyone is coming with a mutual purpose to learn and play in self-discovering. I also appreciate that taking that back into day-to-day life with folks who may not have that same shared experience or commitment can be hard.
That’s why the new format offers a different possibility.
Learn and Integrate Over 8 Months!
In the new format, for eight months, we will be together. Sometimes at The Haven, working deeply, and other times back at home. Plus, there’s an online community and virtual programming piece.
The ‘real’ world meets the learning lab! Learn and test at the Haven lab, then go home and try things. Use the online community to share and get feedback as you go. Wow!!
There are folks who doubt that the same depth of connection can happen online. Let’s face it, one of the best parts of The Haven is the simplicity of sitting in a circle and the amazing connections that happen through the resonance of a group process. However, our world is no longer just happening face-to-face. Most of us spend a lot of time online. Sure, it’s easy to say that online is impersonal, but is that really a story worth holding on to anymore?
To the right is an article by Rachel Davey, Executive Director at The Haven, printed in the Times-Colonist talking about the importance of becoming more comfortable online and how Haven is ready to go there. Yes, we still love the simplicity and potential of a group process, but also do not want to stay limited there.
Haven wants to expand and include! I am looking forward to the new adventure!
If the any of those ultimate results above sound appealing to you and you are ready to step in, I’d love to hear from you. Join Toby Macklin and I, in September 2015 to launch the new Integrative Living Alive Phase!!
Click here to find out more and fill out an application. If you are a fit, we will look forward to spending eight months with you, supporting you creating your ultimate results. That’s what’s in it for you!